all images © Frederick Hammersley Foundation
The Frederick Hammersley Foundation is dedicated to promoting the value of art in the life of the community and to enhancing Frederick Hammersley's artistic legacy through charitable activities that expand the public's awareness, appreciation, and understanding of his art and life, and of the cultural and art historical context in which he worked.
The Foundation's primary activities include:
- providing grants and donating artworks to museums, educational institutions, and other charitable organizations
- preserving and cataloguing Frederick Hammersley's artwork and archival materials in order to support and provide a resource for public exhibitions, scholarly research, educational programs, and publications
- loaning artworks for exhibition
- maintaining Frederick Hammersley's studio and home for public visits and study of his art and life
- making Frederick Hammersley's artwork available for purchase in order to provide funds to further the Foundation's charitable purposes